Monday, May 28, 2012

Hey There Strangers!

It's been a while since my last post hasn't it? I've been meaning to write on here for the longest time, as I have been continually encountering funny stories, great pictures, inspiring quotes or simple reflections that make me think about posting. But alas, as you can tell I haven't done very well with the follow through. So tonight I decided to just sit down and write. I apologize in advance for the slight randomness of the post.
Why do I write? I love writing because I have this horrible tendency to forget, in fact my bad memory has become a bit of a running joke in my family. Through writing I can have my thoughts and memories penned down so that even if I forget I can go back and read them later. 
I've also found that as I write I hash out topics in my mind and now I've made a journal of sorts, where I write down those personal lessons, thoughts, quotes and words or stories that inspire or challenge me. Thanks to my memory every time I read them, I am surprised by what was going through my mind and reminded of various lessons, blessings and how God works. As you can tell I use this blog in a similar way, reflections and updates. 


Speaking of updates...
In less then a week my family and I (minus Zeb, Jos and Rayni) will be taking a trip to Colorado. I'll be competing in a national speech and debate tournament there and we also have the wonderful blessing of being able to see friends and family on the trip as well. 
A couple days after we get back from Colorado, my mom and I are heading off to New Zealand to visit family on the Rowe side. It's been five years since I've been to the beautiful country and I am super excited that I get to take the trip with my mom and will be able to see that side of the extended family. 




There has been so much that is going on, so many ways in which God has worked, so many joyful memories, added blessings, and lessons learned, more firsts and more lasts. Our lives are truly a work in progress.

A work in progress...I've been thinking about that phrase for quite a while and each time it comes to mind it seems that new revelation comes.
  - I'm not perfect...
  - But on the road to usefulness...
  - In a form that allows for change...
  - "A work" implies that there is a worker...
  - The worker molds and sculpts ...
  - Which sometimes means adding to or perhaps scraping away...
  - Either way there is change happening...
  - "Progress" implies that this change is for the better...
  - Headed in the right direction...


Just some more thoughts I've been thinking! Does the phrase, verse or picture bring anything to your mind? Sure would love to hear about it!


May God Bless
-Hosanna

No comments:

Post a Comment